The “formal Battered Mothers Custody Conference” will NOT be held this year…
Why the BMCC has declined to host a “formal BMCC” has not been disclosed. As ATW has reported, the Mother’s Movement has encountered numerous problems throughout the year…many “advocates” in the Mother’s Movement who have promised help, and to reform family court, have proven to be abusers, shameless self promoters, cyberstalkers and otherwise incompetent. And other leading organizations in the Mother’s Movement have supported, promoted and/or enabled these abusive advocates. The unprofessional behavior of many in the Mother’s Movement has hindered progress toward meaningful family court reform and caused fear and intimidation among those they are supposed to help.
Instead of a “formal conference”, the Battered Mothers and Kids Custody Conference (BMCC) will hold a “mini BMCC” at the George Washington University Law School.
The Mother’s Movement is rolling out the Astroturf grass to announce Barry “Goatstein, offering a lecture on “domestic violence advocate training”.
Remember, in 2009, the State of New York said about Barry, “his conduct exceeded the bounds of propriety as a courtroom advocate,” and then revoked his license to practice law for 5 years. With Barry’s revocation of his law license, and affiliation with a known abuser, you have to wonder if he has the judgment and experience to be the domestic violence expert he claims to be? And knowing Barry’s questionable past, should he be lecturing at various domestic violence and family law conferences? Should Barry be offering training to advocates? Should Barry be training and educating family court judges about domestic violence and its harmful effects on children? And should Barry be offering advice to desperate protective mothers?
The following quotes and screenshots are public statements made by Barry Goldstein…
1) Barry says Goats Are the Best Abuse Advocates because “Of course goats always protect their kids so we can learn from them”.
It is insulting that Barry really thinks a goat is more knowledgeable about protecting a child than their own mother, when he claims to be an advocate for mothers and sympathetic to their cause.
2) According to Barry, Goats Are Now the Symbol “For Our Cause”.
3) ARE goats an appropriate symbol for Barry’s cause?? And should abuse advocates, judges and other domestic violence professionals be learning from goats?
Goats can be dangerous, and aggressive! ..And have a strange obsession with urine.
Goats crave the taste of human urine—and will aggressively stalk men to drink their their urine, this has resulted in the death of a hiker who was attacked by wild goats.
Hikers have been warned to maintain a distance from the goats, at least 50 yards away from them – half the length of a football field.
Mountain Goat safety tips: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/olympic/home/?cid=stelprdb5412239
Harrowing story of a hiker’s close call with a mountain goat, “It was as if the sound of my zipper was a dinner bell. A narrow white face, curious, popped over a ridge 20 feet from my crotch. Then another one. Talk about stage fright, or performance anxiety. They approached confidently. They both stared at me, and I stared back at them, confused and anxious…”: http://semi-rad.com/2012/01/beware-the-urine-drinking-goats
Goats also spray themselves with urine prior to mating. Males goats urinate on their beards, legs and bellies to advertise their dominance. Sounds pretty sexist, huh? : http://listverse.com/2012/10/10/top-10-cute-animals-with-disgusting-toilet-habits/
4) According to Barry, he is celebrated by the rest of the animal kingdom for his “work to protect goats and kids”…
Here Barry receives a fishy breath kiss from Cailey the Dolphin, who can’t keep her fins off him, “Cailley the dolphin found out about my work to protect goats and kids and this was her immediate response.”
Barry compares Cailly to the family court judges, and said her kiss is quote “somewhat different from the reactions I have received from the various judges.”
5) Barry says criminal cyberstalkers Claudine Dombrowski, Lorraine Tipton and the attack mothers at American Mothers Political Party (AMPP) “made enormous sacrifices for our movement”…while ignoring the abuse they have inflicted on other protective moms, their harassment towards other organizations working for changes in family court and their long history of cyberbullying and harassment (which continues to this day).
And then Barry says Bill Windsor, of Lawless America, is wrong for standing up to Claudine, and filing for a protective order to protect himself from the dangerous behavior and threats posed by Claudine and AMPP. Both Claudine and Lorraine made death threats against Bill Windsor, and also posted an online rant saying they want to “get rid of” domestic violence and family court advocate Janice Levinson (Protective Mothers Alliance International).
4) Barry says Claudine Dombrowski of AMPP, a Serial Stalker and Cyber Bully, is a “Legitimate Protective Mother” (seen screen shot below). What is that supposed to mean? Is Barry so blindly in support of an abuser that he cannot empathize with the very REAL suffering and trauma of a mother struggling in family court against an abuser, and a system that has failed to uphold her rights and failed to protect her child?
5) Does Barry have any Credibility after his License was Revoked? In 2009, The Grievance Committee for the Ninth Judicial District, State of New York, reviewed 29 charges of professional misconduct against Barry. Of which, 17 charges were upheld, 4 separate charges partly dismissed and 8 charges completely dismissed. As a result, Barry had his license revoked for 5 years and cannot practice law until it is reinstated. http://www.nycourts.gov/reporter/3dseries/2008/2008_10622.htm
The charges involve two separate issues: A- The main part of Barry’s legal practice, at the time, was representing tenants for a non-profit housing resource center that offers a variety of help to assist families with housing issues, and to restabilize families facing crisis or homelessness. Barry’s actions hurt an organization working hard to help struggling families, and to build stronger neighborhoods–offering help free of charge to needy families. 13 of these charges have to do with Barry mishandling client funds; and specifically that Barry failed to properly manage an escrow account and was inappropriately transferring funds. Barry also failed to keep a separate checkbook for the attorney escrow account, and failed to obtain escrow checks bearing the title “Attorney Escrow Account” or “Attorney Special Account” or “Attorney Trust Account” which would clearly identify where the money was coming from, and who was managing the account. When asked to respond to the complaint, Barry refused to answer.
B-The second part of the complaint involves how Barry handled a family law case, it should be noted the Battered Mothers Custody Conference (BMCC) was also involved with this client, and their suggestion that the mother go public with her story, including revealing sensitive details about child abuse, may have had negative impact on her custody outcome. The judge issued a gag order that the last name of the children should not be revealed in order to protect their privacy, and Barry released the last name in an online article about the case. Barry was found to have made dishonest, false and misleading statements to the Court, and to the public when speaking about this case.
Barry claims he is being attacked by the legal system for coming to the rescue of a protective mom…but where is the proof his statements are true? Where are the affidavits or witness statements in support of Barry? And looking at Barry’s delusional comments, and record of defending abusers—how is anyone supposed to “BELIEVE” anything he has to say?
6) Dreams, Barry Goldstein has them… Barry has Psychic Dreams about the Deceased President John F. Kennedy; they walked along the beach, and reminisced about their lives. President Kennedy sympathizes with Barry after reading the story about his court woes, “He said he could tell from the details that this was an injustice and it could not stand.” President Kennedy makes a few phone calls, and voila the Court is apologizing to Barry and reversing its decision!
Note the concern Barry shows towards those hurt by his actions–the non-profit and its clients, and the mother in family court are not given even one comment as the whole post is focused on Barry alone. The Grievance Committee noted that Barry showed a “complete lack of remorse” in their findings.
::Stomping of hooves::
We think the Mother’s Movement can do better.
Please continue to read ATW for breaking news and updates as we reveal the “wolves in sheep’s clothing” working within the Mother’s Movement.